Sunday, October 7, 2007

Grateful and Thankful


Thanksgiving, one of my favourite holidays.  I have morning routine that sometimes I tend to skip due to my busy (school) days.  I know it takes only few minutes to meditate but for some reason I still manage to not do it.  Now, I wanted to incorporate "PRACTICING GRATITUDE" ha!. Someone once said that "in our student days it is perhaps easier to remember our lack of money and things. It is easy to take a look around and be disappointed and pissed off. As a student, the "lack of" in our lives can make it easier to want things even more, especially when we lived in a media landscape saturated with invitation to desire items we can only wish for as a student. There's an entire industry designed to show us what we don't have and make us want it enough". I find everything he wrote is so true, most of us (if not all) wants to have everything and if we do, we seems to wanting for more...no contentment perhaps. And we tend forget how a simple thank you can go a long way. Practicing gratitude is a hard work indeed...it takes so much effort to do sometimes but it is worth the try and practice.  And maybe one day, I can be a good example to my kid(s) in the future.  "Gratitude doesn't mean that we see the world through rose coloured glasses, but rather that we choose to see the good things we have been blessed with..."  


Happy thanksgiving!

No comments: